Theme parks in Tenerife
If you plan to have holidays in Tenerife you can be sure that you will not be bored here. On the island there are many different kinds of theme parks, zoos and botanical gardens for all the family.
Here is a list of the most interesting and recommended theme parks:
- It’s located in Puerto de la Cruz. It is a huge zoological and botanical garden famous for its killer whales, dolphins, sea lions and parrots shows. In addition, the park impresses with its diversity of species which you can see. There is the largest penguinarium in the world and the largest collection of parrots (approx. 350 species). In the aquariums you can admire underwater flora and fauna (various species of fish, sharks, turtles, rays, etc.) In the zoo you can see also chimpanzees, gorillas, flamingos, white tiger, anteaters, crocodiles and many others. This is the perfect entertainment for the whole family.
- The largest water park in Spain is located in Playa de Las Americas. It is an ideal attraction for those who love water. On its 18.5 hectares there are 25 different buildings, a lot of water slides (including the largest that is 28 meters high), water tunnels, artificial rivers, waterfalls, artificial waves, swimming pools, rental rafts, a beach with white sand brought from Portugal and many bars and restaurants.
- This is one of the first theme parks in Tenerife, opened many years before than Siam Park and with the name “Aquapark Octopus”, so it’s worth seeing it too. This water park is located in Costa Adeje and is famous for the best dolphin shows. The park has many attractions for children, even for very young kids.
Las Águilas (Jungle Park)
- There are not many theme parks with eagles in the Canary Islands. This one is located near Los Cristianos. Here you can admire the collection of exotic vegetation and see many species of animals. The park is famous for wild birds shows (not only eagles, also condors, vultures, etc.) and trained parrots.
- It’s a small zoo located in the town of Arona, near Los Cristianos. Here we can admire the many species of monkeys freely running around the grounds. Most of them are sociable and friendly, so visitors can touch them and even feed them.
Lago Martianez / Costa Martianez
- This famous holiday complex is located in Puerto de la Cruz. It was designed by César Manrique – the eminent architect from Lanzarote. It was designed and decorated on the surface of the beach with eight pools of sea water, fountains and geysers surrounded by lush Canarian vegetation, volcanic stones and sculptures. In 2005, the Government of the Canary Islands announced Costa Martianez as Cultural Goodness (BIC) in the category of “Historic Garden” and gained the name “Museum of Contemporary Art in the open air”. It is worth to mention that this place was visited by famous people like Winston Churchill, Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Burton and members of The Beatles.
- It’s the first adventure park in Tenerife and the largest of the Canary Islands. It is located in Las Lagunetas, in the town of El Rosario, the heart of the Teide forest park. A great entertainment for everyone. Here you can find all kinds of activities, from the lowest levels and easier for children and families, to more difficult for adults and the most courageous. It offers more than 90 games as heights, climbing wall, Tibetan bridges, etc.