Tenerife attracts for its unique charm. This island has many places where you can rest and relax, enjoying the warm sand and the blue ocean, lush Canarian villages, amusement parks or landscape, etc. Every day you can discover in Tenerife new and interesting places. Here is a list of the most beautiful places, which especially must visit those who love active leisure.
- Cueva del Viento: The “Cave of the Wind” is near the town of Icod de Vinos. It is an 18 km long volcanic cave, the largest one in Europe and one of the largest in the world with specific channels in the shape of a pipe. Here you can see a variety of lava structures including lava stalactites, waterfalls and lakes of lava and frozen drops of lava. In the cave was discovered until now 190 known species of plants and animals, including extinct species.See the opening hours and prices of Cueva del Viento.
- Barranco del Infierno: is located in the town of Adeje. An ideal place for hiking and mountain tours. Barranco del Infierno is the deepest gorge in the Canary Islands. The area impresses with its diversity of landscapes, unusual rock formations and beautiful vegetation, additionally completed with a small waterfall. Crossing the gorge takes approx. 3 hours. This place is open from 8.00 to 18.00h. but the last entry is at 14.30. Only 300 people are allowed to enter each day, so it’s better to go there in the morning 😉 It also happens that for safety reasons the gorge may be closed.
- Adults: 8 euros
- children 5 – 12 years: 4 euros
- residents of Tenerife: 4 euros
- residents of Costa Adeje: 2.50 euros
Reservations can be made online in http://www.barrancodelinfierno.es/en/reservations/ or in the Information Service Point.
You can get there by bus from Los Cristianos with the lines 447 and 473, and from Playa de Las Americas with the lines 417 and 460.
Do not forget to bring a valid document used to make the booking and a proof of resident status if you have it. It is also advisable to wear comfortable shoes and clothes, as well to take food and something to drink. Of course do not forget your camera and your phone (necessary in order to be able to call for assistance).