Aloe Vera from Canary Islands
The Canary Islands are the region in Europe with the highest production of aloe vera or Aloe Barbadensis Miller. Highlighting Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura and Lanzarote, the use of aloe vera from Canary Islands has a strong tradition. In addition, the climatic conditions are optimal for its natural growth.
Although the oldest references date back to the 3rd millennium B.C. in China, South America and Hindu Ayurveda, in the case of the Canary Islands we are talking about the 19th century (although it was already used by the pre-Hispanic inhabitants, the Guanches). All these cultures and civilizations coincide in their therapeutic and beauty use. In fact, there is an expression in some Latin American countries, the “Canarian ointment”, to refer to a very effective or even miraculous remedy; since tradition tells that this plant settled in the New Continent because it was carried by Christopher Columbus on his travels.
Today, numerous scientific studies support its efficacy (something that has never been questioned).
Why is aloe vera from Canary Islands known worldwide?
Aloe vera only needs to collect water a couple of times a month and keep it at a temperature that does not drop below 10ºC, something ideal for a warm area with such low rainfall as the Canary Islands. As a result, this plant grows naturally and does not need chemicals or technology to survive. As it does not require the destruction of the Canarian ecosystem – so valuable also for its beauty – aloe vera is considered a sustainable resource.
Properties of aloe vera for the skin:
- Reduces wrinkles and helps preventing them.
- Increases the elasticity and hydration of the skin and regulates its natural pH.
- Accelerates the healing of sunburns, as well as those of the first and second degree.
- Helps take care of tattoos (it is healing and restorative), especially recent tattoos.
- Effective against dandruff by having a soothing and calming effect.
- Cellular regenerator and with anti-aging effect.
- Oral health: Treats ulcers, sores, and has the same effect as a mouthwash reducing plaque on teeth and gums.
- Food: It is gelling and helps regulate blood sugar levels.
- Digestive: Combat constipation (purifying effect).
From the Canary Islands, where the best aloe vera is grown, and thanks to online shops like Proaloe Cosmetics you can buy aloe vera gel, serums, facial creams, rosehip gel, soap or body lotion with immediate shipping throughout Europe. We invite you to discover its benefits and to see immediate results on your skin, although consistency is an important element in any beauty treatment.
We have no doubt that it will become part of your skincare routine. Centuries of use around the world can’t be wrong!